Beef Stew in Coconut milk
In a previous post I shared how to prepare a simple dish of green vegetables using coconut milk.
It is common practice to cook a lot of dishes in the coastal region with coconut. I will now share with you a quick method of preparing beef stew in coconut milk. It can be served with rice, ugali/sima, chapatis, pasta or any other accompaniment of your choice.
- 1/4 kg Beef, cubed
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 green or chili pepper (optional)
- 4 pieces of garlic, crushed or chopped into tiny pieces
- Oil for frying
- Sat, and
- Coconut milk
- Chop the onion, add oil and put on heat. Cook till tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute
- Add the cubed beef pieces and stir to coat all the pieces with the onion and garlic flavors
- Cover and cook till beef is all browned. Do not allow the beef to stick to the sides or bottom off the cooking pot
- Add the bell peppers at once and continue stirring. Add salt and cover.
- Cook for about ten minutes then pour in the coconut milk into the cooking pot. Mix thoroughly.
7. Cover again and let the food simmer for about five minutes then serve hot.
If you would like to add any spices, do add in moderation, so that the taste of the coconut milk is preserved. Enjoy your beef stew in coconut milk.