Beef stew with Okra
It goes without saying that there are many ways of cooking beef. Stew is one common method and is popular all over the world. The stew includes many other ingredients and vegetables which all add to the flavour and nutritional benefits.
In order for the beef to be tender, you may need to boil it first before making the stew. Boiling also ensures that the meat is fully cooked and therefore no risks of illnesses caused by partly cooked meat.
- 1/2 kg beef
- 5 pcs okra
- 3 peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 pcs crushed/finely chopped garlic
- 3 pcs carrots
- 1 finely chopped pepper (optional)
- Royco/curry powder
- Garam masala/cumin seeds
- Put cut beef cubes in a sauce pan/sufuria and boil till tender, about thirty minutes. You can either boil till water evaporates or drain the beef broth and add it to the stew later instead of plain water.
- Pour oil to the dry beef then add onions and cook till onions are browned.
- Add the crushed garlic and garam masala or cumin seeds and cook for a minute.
- Add the pepper, carrots,okra,tomatoes and potatoes and cook for ten minutes.
- Add royco and broth or enough water to make the stew. Cover and boil for five minutes.
- Taste and add salt to your liking then simmer for another five minutes till the potatoes are done.