I love cooking pancakes on Saturday mornings when not in a hurry to go to work.
This recipe is no only simple to cook but also crunchy at the edges.
– 2 1/2 cups wheat flour – 2 tablespoons sugar
– Pinch of salt – 1 freshly squeezed orange
– 1 teaspoon baking powder – 1 egg
– 1 cup of water or milk – Oil
Here is how to prepare them:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, pinch of salt, sugar and baking powder.
2. Add the water or milk and mix thoroughly until there are no lumps.
3. Put the frying pan on heat to warm up.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then pour into the mixture of flour.
5. Add the freshly squeezed orange juice and mix.
6. Spread little oil onto the pan then pour the mixture. Cook on that side until a little brown and hard enough to be turned over. Pour just enough to cover the bottom of the pan thinly so that they are not too big.
7. Flip and cook the other side as well.
8. Spread oil all over the side of the pancake. Turn over and apply oil on the other side.
9. Let cook for about two minutes to absorb the oil then remove from pan.
10. Repeat same procedure with the remaining mixture.