Green Grams Stew
Green grams are also referred to as mung beans. They have many health benefits and are widely grown and consumed in various parts of the world.
They are a common meal on my table not just because of their nutritional value but because they are easy to cook and can be served with many of my other favourite main dishes.
For this meal, we will need:
- 1/4kg boiled green grams
- 3 carrots
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Garlic, either crushed or finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cayenne pepper
- Garam masala/ground cumin seeds
- Royco (optional)
- Heat oil in a sauce pan then saute the onions for three minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper and cayenne pepper and cook for another three minutes.
- Add the garam masala or cumin seeds and carrots. Mix well then cook for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt and cook until the tomatoes are done.
- Add the boiled green grams then mix. Let them cook for five minutes so that all the ingredients combine well. Mix royco & water in a bowl and pour it in for the soup.