How to Fry Rice
Rice is a very easy food to prepare. There are so many recipes available from differrent counties and communities. The rice can be white or brown, with the brown being more nutritious because it has more fibre than the white variety.
I will share this simple recipe I cook often and greatly love. I am certain you will love it too.
- 1/2kg Washed and drained white rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- Add oil to a cooking pot and turn on the heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a minute until the onions turn light brown.
- Add enough water to cook the rice without draining. Bring to a boil.
- Pour rice to the boiling water and add salt to taste.
- Cook until done. Serve hot.
The cooked rice will have a light brown colour. It can be served with a variety of stews and vegetables.It can also be eaten as a complete dish.
I love the fact that the recipe is easy to prepare and requires few ingredients. It is advisable to add salt so as to make it more delicious.