Pancakes Anyone? How to Make Milk Pancakes
Pancakes are very tasty and are quite simple to make. They are perfect for breakfast and you can use different ingredients each time to make them more delicious.
Ingredients: (Makes about 4 pancakes)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 egg (optional)
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil
- Mix the flour, sugar & pinch of salt in a bowl or mixing jar.
- Pour in the milk and fresh orange juice and stir until smooth, making sure that there are no lumps.
- Crack the egg in a separate bowl, stir them add to the batter. Set it aside.
- Place a frying pan (skillet) on heat and warm it.
- Once warm enough, drip a spoonful of cooking oil on the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Pour some of the batter on the pan and spread it out.
- Cook the first side on medium heat for about three minutes then flip it over.
- Cook the other side for another three minutes then flip over. Drip and spread oil on the side up and turn over again.
- Once the pancake is well cooked, remove from heat and repeat the procedure for the remaining batter.
Tips for making great pancakes
You can add other ingredients to get the taste you want. You can also make crunchy pancakes and/or make them sour if need be.
To make sour pancakes, you would need to replace the fresh orange juice with fresh lemon juice and sour milk. You can add a little sugar to the mixture so that it does not become too sour. Always taste the batter before pouring it on the pan.
When cooking, use a spoon to lift the pancakes periodically to make sure that they don’t get burned.
The pancakes are best served with tea or coffee in the morning. You may also serve them with fresh juice. In this case, you can make enough orange juice in the morning and use some of it to make the pancakes as outlined in the preparation method.