Spicy French Fries: Homemade & Hot!
Spicy French fries are super easy to prepare. This is because the cooking process is pretty straight forward and the simple non-spicy version only consists of two basic ingredients: potatoes and oil!
Irish potatoes are the most commonly used potatoes for making French fries and are readily available in most grocery stores. Any type of oil can be sued but typically it should have a high smoking point.
If you would love to learn how to make baked French fries, visit this blog post for more information.
How to Make Spicy French Fries
To make this variation of French fries, you may use garam masala and ground chilli pepper as the instructions given, you use your own preferred spices. It’s best to try different combinations of spices until you get the perfect one to suit your taste buds.
- Peeled potatoes
- Cooking oil
- Garam masala
- Ground chilli pepper
- Cut the potatoes to your preferred size. If you don’t have a french fries cutter, chop them across into oval shapes then again to strips as shown below.
2. Pour cooking oil into a deep frying pan and heat it up.
3. In a separate bowl, mix garam masala and ground chilli pepper in the ratio 2:1.
4. Transfer the cut french fries into the bowl and mix thoroughly until all the fries are well coated.
5. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the potato strips in. Cook for a couple of minutes and then turn them over to ensure they’re evenly cooked.
6. Repeat step 4 & 5 until all the french fries are done.
This is a very simple method of cooking Spicy French Fries that you can use when you get the cravings for French fries and want them spicy & hot!
Since the fries are already spicy, you don’t need to use hot ketchup and plain tomato sauce will do. Serve them with a cold drink of your choice.
And if you would love to learn how to make baked French fries, visit this blog post for more information.
Give this Spicy French Fries recipe a try and let me know in the comments section below how they came out.
What other easy available ingredients would you add to this recipe?