How to Make Spicy Fried Meatballs
Meatballs are great in the morning and are used to make delicious stews for lunch or dinner. They are very easy to prepare.
I make them from scratch and I must admit the whole process is fun and takes a short period of time to complete.
I include few ingredients and always add chilli pepper because I love them spicy.
Here is a recipe I use that will teach you how to make spicy meatballs. I do hope you follow through and enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1/4 kg meat
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli pepper
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- Freshly chopped corriander/dania
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cooking oil
I have a small meat mincer in my kitchen that I use to make this recipe.
We will start off by cleaning the meat and then chopping it into small pieces as shown below.
The next step is to grind the meat in the mincer as we let it fall into a bowl.
I use the above meat mincer often and the fun part is actually transforming the chopped pieces of beef into minced meat.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the other ingredients except the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once the ingredients have fully mixed pour in the egg and continue mixing.
4. In the meantime, pour the oil in a deep frying pan and bring to medium heat.
5. Using your hands, form small balls of the mixture and coat with the breadcrumbs.
6. Fry all the prepared meat balls in batches until they brown on both sides but be careful not to overcook them.
7. After a few minutes of frying remove from heat and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
The spicy fried meatballs are great in the morning for breakfast. They can also be served with other dishes like rice, spaghetti or ugali for lunch and/or dinner. You can make very tasty soup with these spicy meatballs and enjoy a hearty dinner.
A vegetable salad could come in handy to provide the needed vitamins for a complete balanced diet.
Get creative and add any other spices of your choice. I assure you will love them.