Minced Soya with Cabbage
As I had stated in a previous post, soya is a good source of proteins and carbohydrates. It can be used as a substitute for red meat and it is very nutritious. Minced soya is similar to minced meat.
These soya pieces are smaller and the end result resembles a dish prepared using red minced meat. The brand I use is Proya but of course you are at liberty to use whichever brand you want.
- 1/2 cup minced soya pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- Cooking oil
- Garam masala
- Royco/curry powder
- Heat oil in a sauce pan then saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the carrot, tomato, salt and garam masala then cook for about three minutes.
- Add the minced soya pieces and cook on low to medium heat for about ten minutes. Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix one tablespoon of royco with half a cup of water then pour into the saucepan.Stir then cook for three minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbages and cook for about five minutes.
If you use curry powder, you do not need to mix it with water in a bowl before adding to the saucepan. You can also add cayenne pepper to make it spicy.
Enjoy your meal.