How to Make Simple Mandazi
There are many variations of mandazi but the basic mandazi recipes require flour, sugar and baking powder (or yeast) as the main ingredients. They can also include other things like spices (e.g. cardamom seeds) and coconut milk to make them tastier.
Some recipes require rolling out the dough and cutting to different shapes. Some require preparing batter then dropping a spoonful into hot oil, as is the case in this recipe.
- Wheat flour
- Baking powder (or yeast)
- Margarine (optional)
- Mix the wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and margarine in a bowl.
- Start adding a little water at a time and stir to get thick batter.
- Place a deep frying pan on heat and add oil. Heat the oil until hot.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter and drop it into the hot oil.
- Turn the mandazi frequently to prevent burning. Once done remove from heat and serve.
This recipe is simpler than the previous mandazi recipe I shared earlier. It takes a much shorter time to prepare and does not need kneading. So it’s your pick!
Tell me which recipe you love.