Spicy Spaghetti & Soya Recipe
This spaghetti & soya recipe takes about one hour or less to prepare. It is spicy but does not include a lot of ingredients, as detailed below.
- 1 cup spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- Soya pieces
- Garam masala/Royco
- Boil the spaghetti in a covered saucepan until they are cooked.
- Chop one onion and saute in medium heat.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and cook for two minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and cayenne pepper and saute for a further two minutes.
- Add the tomato and garam masala or royco. Stir to mix all the ingredients then add half a cup of warm water. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and the soya pieces stirring. Cover and cook for about ten minutes.
- Once the soya pieces are well cooked, add the boiled spaghetti and stir to mix with the other ingredients.
- Lower the heat, then serve after five minutes.
Although the cayenne pepper is optional, it adds flavour to the dish and can be substituted with other spices. It is advisable not to add too much water because it would be absorbed by the soya pieces and too much of it could dilute the taste and leave the dish less flavourful.
Spaghetti is a good source of carbohydrates while the soya pieces provide protein necessary for good health. Give this dish a try and serve with your favourite wine or cold juice.