Whole Wheat Bread Veggie Sandwich
Whole wheat bread is much healthier than white bread and it has more fiber. It is not as sweet as white bread and makes great sandwiches.
Whole wheat bread contains carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, potassium and protein. Its consumption is associated with improved cholesterol levels. But this doesn’t mean you should indulge in too much bread because we don’t have the enzymes to fully digest wheat.
It is not advisable to eat wheat in all 3 meals in a day. Instead eat more vegetables and fresh organic fruits to get the nutrients your body needs to function well.
Here’s a veggie only sandwich made with whole wheat bread.
How to Make Whole Wheat Bread Veggie Sandwich
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 sautéed onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Small bunch of coriander/dania
- Pinch of salt
- ½ bell pepper
- 1 grated carrot
- Chop the onions into rings and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes into round shapes in a bowl. Add chopped avocado, coriander, bell pepper and grated carrot into the bowl and mix well. Add a pinch of salt.
- Line 2 slices of bread on a clean flat surface and spread half of the sautéed onions on each slice.
- Add the other veggies onto the slices making sure that each slice has each of the veggies.
- Place the other 2 slices on top.
This is a quick and very simple whole wheat bread veggie sandwich and one that you can have at breakfast, carry it for picnics or for a quick lunch.
If you intend to have it for a picnic or as packed lunch, it would be better to pack the slices separately from the vegetables. Put the veggies in a covered bowl and then complete the sandwich when you’re ready to eat. This way the drippings from the tomatoes will not soften the bread.