This bean recipe is simple and does not take a long time to prepare after the initial boiling of the beans. It can be used for any type of beans whether pinto beans, black beans or any other. Boiling can take between an hour and two depending on the type of beans.
- 1 cup boiled beans
- Cooking oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 pcs crushed garlic
- 1 dania/corriander
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 chopped carrots
- Royco/curry powder
- Add the chopped onions to oil in a sauce pan and saute for about two minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the coriander, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, tomatoes and carrots. Mix well then cover and cook for five minutes.
- Add salt, royco and half a cup of water to the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the boiled beans, stir and simmer for a further ten minutes.