This is a simple recipe that can be prepared in a short time for a delicious dinner. It is made up of white rice cooked with a few vegetables. As with most of my dishes, a little spice is added to make it tasty.
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 large onion
- 2 pcs garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 pcs okra/ladies' fingers
- 4 large Irish potatoes, chopped into quarters
- 2 pcs chopped carrots
- 2 aubergines
- 4 cups hot water
- Saute the onion in medium heat for two minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for a further one minute.
- Add the quartered potatoes and carrots, & cook for five minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and okra and cook for five minutes.
- Add the aubergines and salt to taste.
- Once the vegetables are half cooked, pour in the hot water and let it boil.
- Add the rice and cook until done.
In this recipe, you don't have to cook the rice first before the veggies. Simply wash it clean and once the water in the saucepan starts boiling, add and stir to mix all the ingredients well.
Serve this dish with your favourite wine or fresh fruit juice.