Spicy French fries are super easy to prepare. The cooking process is pretty straight forward and simple. It consists of only three key ingredients: potatoes, spices, and oil.
Irish potatoes are the most commonly used and are readily available in grocery stores. Other types of potatoes could be used if Irish potatoes are not available. The type of oil to be used for deep frying the French fries should have a high smoking point.
To make this variation with spices, use garam masala and ground chilli pepper. The end product will be delicious and hot!
How to Make Spicy French FriesIngredients:
- Cooking oil
- Garam masala
- Ground chilli pepper
- Cut the potatoes into strips of your preferred size. If you don't have a french fries cutter, chop them across into oval shapes, then to the shape of fries. Let them dry or pat them with a towel to remove excess water.
- Pour cooking oil into a deep frying pan and heat it up.
- In a separate bowl, mix garam masala and ground chilli pepper in the ratio 2:1.
- Pick and transfer the cut french fries into the bowl and mix thoroughly until all the fries are coated.
- Once the oil is hot enough, drop the french fries into the pan and cook until they are done. Cook for about 5 minutes and then turn them over to cook the other side.
- Once the spicy French fries are completely cooked, remove from heat & set aside.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all the french fries are cooked.
- Serve hot.
This delicious recipe is a favourite for many people, and the good thing about it is that you can quickly prepare it in a short amount of time.
Also, make sure to use vegetable oil with a high boiling point. You can add a little salt in the mixing bowl or forgo it & instead have your guests add salt on the table to their own liking.
This Spicy French Fries recipe can be served with any meat protein (like beef, lamb, or chicken), a fried egg, vegetable salad, or simply on its own. Go for what works for you.
Give this recipe a try & let me know how it comes out. What did you serve it with?